Programs and Services
- Academic, Financial Aid, and Personal Counseling
- Peer Advising
- Prospective Student Counseling
- Drop-in Counseling: Financial Aid Office, Disabled Student Program, Counseling and Psychological Services, Oakland Vet Center, VA Psychologist
- GI Bill Counseling
- Community Room
- Ipad Lending
- Veterans in Higher Education Transition Course
Initiating GI Bill Benefits
To initiate GI Bill benefits, the Certifying Official requires the following documentation based on the education benefit you use:
- Veteran Services Intake Form - All students
- Graduate Veterans Education Plan - Graduate students only
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) - Chapters 30,33, and 1607
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) - Chapter 1607
- Chapter 31 Authorization - Have your case manager send VA Form 22-1905 directly to the Certifying Official
The following two forms may be submitted to the VA through fax or email or submitted electronically via VONAPP. Once submitted to the VA, the Certifying Official requires a copy of the submitted form
- Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) - Chapters 30, 33, 1606, 1607, 32, This form is required to be submitted to the VA and a copy to the certifying official ONLY if you have never utilized VA Education Benefits before
- Change of Place of Training Form - Chapter 35 submit VA Form 22-5495; or Chapter 30, 32, 33, 1606, 1607, and Transfer of Entitlement Program submit VA Form 22-1995. The Certifying Official requires a copy of this form.
Documents may be submitted directly to the Certifying Official or the Cal Veteran Services Center Staff.
Courses for veterans
This course is designed to acclimate veterans to the opportunities and expectations of student life at UC Berkeley. Learn to maximize benefits and make the best transition to the Cal academic experience. This class affords the opportunity to connect with other new and experienced Cal veterans to gain insights and strategies for working with issues that are often different from the traditional student experience.
Sec 2 Thursdays 11-Noon Hearst Gym 100 Course # 37485